Services for the Disabled
Planning Your Flight:
- Make your airline reservation well in advance.
- Airline websites and reservation agents let you specify the nature of your disability and the type of assistance you require.
- Identify yourself as a traveler needing assistance and/or special arrangements. Describe what you need.
Ground Transportation Services with Wheelchair-accessibility:
- Milwaukee County’s Transit Plus program offers drivers specifically trained to transport wheelchair-bound passengers.
- The American United Taxicab Company is contracted by Milwaukee County's Transit Plus program to transport persons with disabilities.
- Go Riteway provides wheelchair-ready shuttle service to area hotels and residences.
- The Milwaukee County Transit System provides low-cost County bus service that is fully accessible to people with disabilites.
Arriving at the Airport:
- Be sure to arrive early.
- If you need assistance, it's best to be dropped off at the Ticketing/Check-in area. Skycaps are stationed in both the Ticketing/Check-in and Baggage Claim areas to help you with your luggage. Skycaps will transport you to and from your airline gate upon request. It is common practice to tip Skycaps for their assistance.
- If you're driving yourself, parking spaces for persons with disabilities are available in all of Mitchell Airport's parking facilities. Airport shuttles are equipped with a lift.
- The Airport Information desk can loan a wheelchair for use within the Concession Mall only (not to be taken down concourses).
Information for the Air Traveler:
For general information, visit the web site listed below.