Contact Us / Report A Noise Event
Noise Management Office/General Mitchell International Airport
5300 South Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53207
Noise concern line: 414-747-4677
Typical office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Reporting a Noise Event
Milwaukee County owns and operates General Mitchell International Airport (GMIA) and Lawrence J. Timmerman Airport. However, the County does not control or direct aircraft at each airport, but submits recommendations on noise abatement measures to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for their final decision.
It is extremely important to Milwaukee County and Mitchell Airport to receive aircraft noise reports in a timely manner so Airport staff may effectively follow up with aircraft operators to help reduce aircraft noise. When reporting a noise event/concern, the following information is needed:
- Indicate which airport you are calling/emailing in reference to (GMIA or Lawrence J. Timmerman Airport);
- Date and time of noise event/concern;
- Your name and address;
- A short description of noise event/concern; and
- Your email address and/or telephone number if you would like a response back from airport staff.
There are (4) four ways to report a noise event/concern:
- Call the Noise Concern line at (414) 747-4677.
- Report a noise concern via email at email@example.com.
- Report a noise concern via written letter/mail to Noise Management Office, General Mitchell International Airport, 5300 South Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53207.
- Complete the Online Noise Concern Form below. Please complete a separate form for each noise event. The information will only be used to research the noise event that you are reporting.