Fans of Mitchell Airport already know that MKE is a smart Chicago O’Hare alternative offering low fares, affordable parking, convenient amenities and a healthy list of nonstops. To get a bird’s eye view of nationwide usage of “alternative airports,” MKE commissioned a study with Harris Interactive. The survey found that nearly half of U.S. adults who’ve traveled on an airplane in the past year have flown through an alternative airport, and a whopping 92% would do so again! Plus, 77% said flying through an alternative airport brought less stress than flying through a major airport, and 88% said they’ve had a happy experience at an alternative airport. For more results, check out MKE’s news release on MitchellAirport.com!
Low MKE Airfares
Cheapflights.com named MKE the third most affordable airport in the nation! The site’s 101 airports affordability list allows travelers to see how their favorite airports stack up in terms of airfare. Rankings are based on Cheapflights’ 101 most searched airports, and consider the average airfares users found in June on flights to the site’s most popular destinations, including Orlando, London Heathrow, Las Vegas and Cancun. As a smart alternative to Chicago’s O’Hare, MKE passengers are taking off smiling, with average airfares coming in at $274, compared to O’Hare, which came in at $462 and ranked 85th out of 101.
Passenger numbers for Mitchell Airport have climbed to new heights. MKE saw record growth for the 20th consecutive month, serving 844,453 passengers in April 2011, resulting in a 1.42 percent increase over April 2010. Airport officials give much of the credit to the recent introduction of several low-fare carriers, including AirTran, Frontier and Southwest. In addition to fares that are on average $98 lower than O’Hare, $16 lower than Midway, and $78 lower than the national average according to the U.S. Department of Transportation, MKE boasts affordable parking and a strong convenience factor. Make sure to check out MKE’s new interactive map of nonstop destinations.
From Milwaukee :
* To Albany for as low as $159 one-way
* To Albuquerque for as low as $143 one-way
* To Austin for as low as $159 one-way
* To Baltimore for as low as $90 one-way
* To Birmingham for as low as $133 one-way
* To Boston for as low as $87 one-way
* To Cleveland for as low as $86 one-way
* To Columbus for as low as $86 one-way
* To Dallas for as low as $131 one-way
* To Denver for as low as $96 one-way
* To Detroit for as low as $148 one-way
* To Ft. Lauderdale for as low as $101 one-way
* To Hartford for as low as $137 one-way
* To Houston for as low as $146 one-way
* To Indianapolis for as low as $86 one-way
* To Jacksonville for as low as $137 one-way
* To Kansas City for as low as $59 one-way
* To Las Vegas for as low as $137 one-way
* To Little Rock for as low as $133 one-way
* To Long Island for as low as $96 one-way
* To Los Angeles for as low as $116 one-way
* To Louisville for as low as $86 one-way
* To Manchester for as low as $101 one-way
* To Nashville for as low as $90 one-way
* To New Orleans for as low as $159 one-way
* To New York for as low as $94 one-way
* To Norfolk for as low as $139 one-way
* To Oakland for as low as $116 one-way
* To Oklahoma City for as low as $151 one-way
* To Ontario for as low as $159 one-way
* To Orange County for as low as $159 one-way
* To Orlando for as low as $123 one-way
* To Phoenix for as low as $120 one-way
* To Pittsburgh for as low as $89 one-way
* To Raleigh/Durham for as low as $124 one-way
* To San Diego for as low as $116 one-way
* To San Jose for as low as $148 one-way
* To St. Louis for as low as $86 one-way
* To Tampa Bay for as low as $123 one-way
* To West Palm Beach for as low as $137 one-way
At MKE, parking rates remain cheap, not steep, and passengers can arrive at their destination with more money to spend on souvenirs. While covered daily parking at MKE remains at $12 a day maximum, rates at O’Hare recently rose to $31 a day maximum. If your trip lasts three days, you could save $57 on parking rates by flying out of Mitchell Airport!
Travelers who park in MKE’s SuperSaver lot pay just $5 a day. The math: three days = $15. At O’Hare, the Lot E parking max is $17 a day. The math: three days = $51. Total savings = $36! Check out how much you can save by flying, and parking, at Mitchell Airport.
It’s hard enough to find a sandwich for less than $5 these days, but an airport parking spot? Ever attuned to the needs of savvy travelers, MKE has introduced its new SuperSaver parking lot with a 24-hour bargain rate of $5, including sales tax. The SuperSaver also offers free and convenient shuttle service directly to the airport terminal and is the lowest cost parking option at MKE.
In addition to SuperSaver parking, MKE continues to offer hourly covered parking for $2 per hour ($22 per day max), daily covered parking for $12 per day and adjacent surface parking(which contains the cell phone waiting lot) for $13 per day. The first 30 minutes of parking in the hourly and surface lots are free, and motorcycle parking is always free at the covered motorcycle parking area located at the north end of baggage claim drive!