With more than 250,000 passengers expected to travel through MKE between Christmas and New Year’s, pack these easy tips to make holiday travel a cinch!
- Avoid Bag Humbug: Remember to review the TSA’s 3-1-1 program for details on what can be packed in a carry-on to avoid having to toss anything valuable. (www.tsa.gov/311)
- No Surprises: When traveling with gifts, stay on security’s nice list by leaving gifts unwrapped so they can be properly screened. This includes carry-on bags and checked baggage.
- Take Your Time, Warm Your Heart: Arrive 1½ – 2 hours early to allow time for check-in and clearing security, and for grabbing a gingerbread latte, of course.
- Park and Slide into Savings: Airport’s SuperSaver lot costs just $5 a day and you can take the free sleigh…errr, shuttle to the terminal.
- Precious Cargo: When traveling with children, remember these extra tips…
- Have a silent flight by keeping kids busy with dry snacks, coloring and activity books, portable video game systems and portable DVD players.
- Take advantage of the children’s indoor play areas and family restrooms conveniently located on all three concourses. No snow boots required.
- Make the security process a bit more jolly by remembering that strollers must go through the security screener, so collapse and prepare them in advance.