Making Holiday Travel Easier
Mitchell Airport is the only airport in Wisconsin or Illinois with service from all the major domestic airlines. It’s also an easier and lower cost alternative for families in northern Illinois. Our airlines offer nonstop service to 36 destinations and connecting service to hundreds of destinations worldwide.
Wherever you’re headed during the upcoming holidays, we hope you have an outstanding experience at Mitchell Airport. These tips will help ensure you have a great trip!
- Save time and print your boarding pass at home or use your airline’s mobile boarding pass feature, if available, even if you are checking luggage.
- When packing, remember the TSA’s 3-1-1 rule for liquids: You can take three 3-ounce containers of liquid in a 1 quart-sized clear plastic zip-top bag. Remove the bag from your carry-on and place it in the screening bin.
- At just $6 per day including tax, Mitchell Airport’s Supersaver parking lot is the least expensive parking option. Free shuttles run 24/7. Visit MitchellAirport.com's parking page to see how many spots are open. Once you park, take a cell phone photo of the nearest locator sign to help you remember where your car is parked.
- Arrive at the airport two hours early if you are checking luggage, and be prepared for longer lines at check-in counters and security checkpoints. Families and more casual travelers aren’t as familiar with security procedures, and they may need extra time.
- TSA Pre✓ is now available on all concourses at MKE! If you are selected for TSA Pre✓, be ready for expedited security and keep your shoes on.
- Once you're through security, charge up your electronic devices at our new free charging stations, browse our retail shops, enjoy a bite to eat, or bring your little ones to our children’s play area. Each concourse also has a family restroom and baby-changing stations.
It's Official: MKE's Fares are Lower
Air fares at Mitchell Airport remain a bargain compared to the nation’s average fares and those of Chicago’s O’Hare Airport. According to newly-released U.S. Department of Transportation statistics for the second quarter of 2013, average air fares in Milwaukee are $26 below the national average and $37 less than O’Hare.
Among the top 100 busiest airports in the U.S., Mitchell ranked 77th (with #1 being the most expensive), based on the official DOT fare survey. MKE’s average fares have been lower than O’Hare’s for six years running. These lower fares, combined with MKE’s ease of use and lower parking costs, continue to draw passengers from throughout northern Illinois.
Charge Up, then Fly Out!
Traveling with personal electronics just got even easier and more convenient at Mitchell Airport. We are installing 60 free-to-use charging stations for your charging needs! Located in seating areas throughout the airport, each charging station has six power outlets as well as 2 USB charging ports.
TSA Pre✓ Now Available on Southwest
Southwest, Mitchell Airport's largest airline, has joined Delta, American, United, and US Airways in the TSA Pre✓ program, which allows select travelers to receive expedited security screening benefits. Participants can leave on shoes, light outerwear and belts, as well as leave laptops and 3-1-1 compliant liquids in carry-on bags. All three of our concourses now have TSA Pre✓ lanes.
When looking for flights from Milwaukee, don’t forget that you can only find Southwest flights on Southwest.com! Together with its partner, AirTran, Southwest has non-stop service from Milwaukee to 20 major cities from coast to coast. Click here to see the Mitchell Airport Route Map!
Global Entry Enrollment near MKE
An increasing number of travelers are signing up for Global Entry, a benefit offered by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Global Entry gives travelers faster service when returning to the U.S. on international flights and automatically enrolls them in TSA Pre✓.
The Milwaukee enrollment center is located on Howell Avenue near Mitchell Airport. Many of the larger enrollment centers, including Chicago O’Hare, have backlogs of up to three months to schedule an interview. As a result, the Milwaukee location is a great option for travelers, particularly those from northern Illinois, to schedule a Global Entry interview sooner.
Have You Seen Our M-K-E Monument?
Last month, Mitchell Airport installed its “M-K-E” monument letters along the eastbound Airport Spur. The stunning monument greets travelers as they approach the parking garage and terminal.
Proud of Our Customer Service
Don Orlowski and John Czepulis from Prospect Airport Services were the recipients of our Customer Service Award for November. Don and John provide wheelchair assistance, and were nominated by two passengers who were impressed with the level of service they received. Thanks to Don and John, these passengers were on their way in record time!