Accessibility at MKE
Please help us to help you.
- Plan ahead to avoid any delays or inconvenience during your visit to MKE.
- Contact your airline in advance to request special assistance. This includes: wheelchairs, boarding a plane, specific seat assignments, or dietary needs.
- Confirm your request prior to your departure day.
- Learn General Travel Tips for Person with Disabilities
Ground Transportation Services with Wheelchair-accessibility:
- Milwaukee County’s Transit Plus program offers drivers specifically trained to transport wheelchair-bound passengers.
- Taxi MKE/American United Taxicab Company is contracted by Milwaukee County's Transit Plus program to transport persons with disabilities.
- Go Riteway provides wheelchair-ready shuttle service to area hotels and residences.
- The Milwaukee County Transit System provides low-cost County bus service that is fully accessible to people with disabilites.
Designated parking areas for drivers of vehicles displaying proper identification are readily available at the airport.
3rd floor, Aisles A and C. The 3rd floor has a moving walkway, which will transport you to the center skywalk and the terminal. This enclosed area is heated and air conditioned.
4th floor, Aisle A
1st floor, Aisles F thru J.
3rd floor Yellow, Aisles A, B, C & F
5th floor Red, Aisles A & C
- Skycaps are stationed in both the Ticketing/Check-in and Baggage Claim areas to help you with your luggage.
- Skycaps will transport you to and from your airline gate upon request.
- It is common practice to tip Skycaps for their assistance.
- If you need assistance in locating a Skycap, please contact: Airport Operations at 414-747-5325 or Travelers Aid at 414-747-5245
Adult Changing Tables
MKE offers adult-sized, height-adjustable changing stations inside two of our public restrooms. They are located near the Miller Brewhouse in the Main Terminal and in the family restroom on Concourse D.
All restrooms located throughout the airport have wheelchair accessible facilities. In addition, there are Family Restrooms located in all terminals. Please check our Interactive Terminal Guide for specific locations.
AIRA Access Location for Blind and Low Vision travelers
- Download the free AIRA app to your smartphone.
- MKE Airport is a free AIRA Access location, so users will not be charged for using the service.
- For more information about using AIRA, please visit: https://disabilityhorizons.com/2019/03/using-aira-access-at-the-airport/
MKE offers accessible lactation rooms in the main terminal and in each concourse beyond security. MKE offers a nursing room on Concourse D and Mamavas on Concourse C and in the Main Terminal. MKE partnered with Mamava, the lactation rooms provide private space for breastfeeding moms and babies.
Service Animal Relief Area
MKE accommodates passengers traveling with service animals by offering outdoor and indoor Service Animal Relief Areas (SARAs). A pre-security SARA is located in the Concession Mall directly across from the Miller Brewhouse, near the Family Restroom. Post-security SARAs are located in Concourse C across from Gate C14 and in Concourse D between Gates D34 and D36. Outdoor Pet Relief Areas are located near the American Airlines entrance to Ticketing and outside each end of Baggage Claim.
All passengers are required to undergo screening at the TSA checkpoint to ensure your security. You may consult the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) officer about the best way to relieve any concerns during the screening process. Please visit the TSA website for more information about what you can and cannot bring with you. https://www.tsa.gov/travel/special-procedures
The Airport utilizes a visual paging system for announcements, including gate information, passenger paging, and recurring public announcements. It is integrated into the flight information displays.
If you need help, depending on your emergency, please call the following numbers:
The Traveler’s Aid/Airport Information Desk is centrally located in the main terminal and provides a personal face to MKE.
You can also reach Traveler’s Aid by calling 414-747-5245.
The Traveler’s Aid Desk offers a variety of services including:
- Airport Information
- Flight Information
- Lost & Found Services
- Ground Transportation Information
- In-Airport/Passenger Paging
- Disability Assistance and Wheelchair Service
- Language Assistance and Translation Services
- Non-Discrimination Policy Information
Contact the Airport or the FAA
Complaints should be addressed to the ADA Coordinator for MKE:
Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport – Airport Administration
ATTN: Dave Gelting, ADA/Title VI Coordinator
5300 S. Howell Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53207
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (414) 747-4525
Passengers also have the right to file a complaint with the FAA Office of Civil Rights.
Please visit the FAA website for more information.