At General Mitchell International Airport, we offer several services for the disabled to make traveling easier, including:
Accessible Ground Transportation
Service Animal & Pet Relief Areas
Planning Your Flight:
- Make your airline reservation well in advance.
- Airline websites and reservation agents let you specify the nature of your disability and the type of assistance you require.
- Identify yourself as a traveler needing assistance and/or special arrangements. Describe what you need.
- Travelers with disabilities (including disabled Veterans) may request a TSA Passenger Support Specialist to receive special assistance at the security checkpoint. Disabled travelers interested in this service should call TSA Cares at 855-787-2227 at least 72 hours before departure time.
Ground Transportation Services with Wheelchair-accessibility:
- Milwaukee County’s Transit Plus program offers drivers specifically trained to transport wheelchair-bound passengers.
- The American United Taxicab Company is contracted by Milwaukee County's Transit Plus program to transport persons with disabilities.
- Go Riteway provides wheelchair-ready shuttle service to area hotels and residences.
- The Milwaukee County Transit System provides low-cost County bus service that is fully accessible to people with disabilites.
Arriving at the Airport:
- Be sure to arrive early.
- If you need assistance, it's best to be dropped off at the Ticketing/Check-in area. Skycaps are stationed in both the Ticketing/Check-in and Baggage Claim areas to help you with your luggage. Skycaps will transport you to and from your airline gate upon request. It is common practice to tip Skycaps for their assistance.
- If you have arrived at the Airport and need assistance in locating a skycap, please contact Airport Operations at 414-747-5325 or Travelers Aid at 414-747-5245.
- If you're driving yourself, parking spaces for persons with disabilities are available in all of Mitchell Airport's parking facilities. Airport shuttles are equipped with a lift.
- The Airport Information desk can loan a wheelchair for use within the Concession Mall only (not to be taken down concourses).
Information for the Air Traveler:
For general information on traveling for those with disabilities, including publications and rules, visit the U.S. Department of Transportation web site and publications listed below: