Millions of travelers pass through Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport every year. Travelers Aid Volunteers are there to assist them with information to make their way through the airport as well as around the greater Milwaukee area. Learn more about Travelers Aid by watching this short video.
Volunteers commit to work at least one four-hour shift each week at the airport.
- Greeting visitors who come to the desk
- Making announcements over the paging system
- Answering the telephone
- Recording and retrieving lost and found items
- Using the computer for flight information
- Giving directions within the airport
- Providing information on transportation, hotels, dining, shopping, area events, and points of interest
- Assisting in mailing items that do not pass security regulations.
Volunteers must be able to:
- Work well with the public
- Present an outgoing, friendly personality
- Represent the airport and the city in a positive and knowledgeable manner
- Act reliably and with commitment
- At least 21 years of age
- A working knowledge of the greater Milwaukee area
- Good communication skills
- Ability to resolve travel problems
- Willingness to answer questions such as “Where is the nearest restroom? “or “Where can I find an ATM?”
How to apply:
- Call 414-747-5245 to request an application be mailed to you.
- Visit the Airport Information Desk at MKE to fill out an application in person.
- Complete the application below.
Training is provided to volunteers prior to being assigned to an available shift. Volunteers receive free parking during their shift and a voucher to use toward purchase of concessions. There are two business meetings each year and a spring luncheon. Service awards are presented for volunteer hours completed.