Report a Noise Event
SPECIAL NOTICE: MKE Airport is aware of the concerns regarding a new helicopter tour operator, My Flight Tours, which is based at AvFlight, a fixed-base operator located near the corner of Howell and Layton Avenues. We will be working with the tour operator and the FAA Air Traffic Control Tower to investigate any available options to modify flight patterns and address the noise concerns raised by neighbors of the Airport. The Airport has limited authority because the FAA regulates and controls the use of airspace. As a public use airport, MKE does not have the legal authority to prevent or restrict any aircraft – including helicopters – from operating here.
Noise Management Office/Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport
5300 South Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53207
Noise concern line: 414-747-4677
Email: [email protected]
Typical office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Reporting a Noise Event
Milwaukee County owns and operates Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport (MKE) and Lawrence J. Timmerman Airport. However, the County does not control or direct aircraft at each airport, but submits recommendations on noise abatement measures to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for their final decision.
It is extremely important to Milwaukee County and Mitchell Airport to receive aircraft noise reports in a timely manner so Airport staff may effectively follow up with aircraft operators to help reduce aircraft noise. When reporting a noise event/concern, the following information is needed:
- Indicate which airport you are calling/emailing in reference to (MKE or Lawrence J. Timmerman Airport);
- Date and time of noise event/concern;
- Your name and address;
- A short description of noise event/concern; and
- Your email address and/or telephone number if you would like a response back from airport staff.
There are (4) four ways to report a noise event/concern:
- Call the Noise Concern line at (414) 747-4677.
- Report a noise concern via email at [email protected].
- Report a noise concern via written letter/mail to Noise Management Office, Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport, 5300 South Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53207.
- Complete the Online Noise Concern Form below. Please complete a separate form for each noise event. The information will only be used to research the noise event that you are reporting.