Millions of travelers pass through General Mitchell International Airport every year. Travelers Aid Volunteers are there to assist them with information to make their way through the airport as well as around the greater Milwaukee area. Learn more about Travelers Aid by watching this short video.
Volunteers commit to work at least one four-hour shift each week at the airport.
- Greeting visitors who come to the desk
- Making announcements over the paging system
- Answering the telephone
- Recording and retrieving lost and found items
- Using the computer for flight information
- Giving directions within the airport
- Providing information on transportation, hotels, dining, shopping, area events, and points of interest
- Assisting in mailing items that do not pass security regulations.
Volunteers must be able to:
- Work well with the public
- Present an outgoing, friendly personality
- Represent the airport and the city in a positive and knowledgeable manner
- Use good communication skills
- Act reliably and with commitment
Training is provided to volunteers prior to being assigned to an available shift. Volunteers receive free parking during their shift and a voucher to use toward purchase of concessions. There are two business meetings each year and a spring luncheon. Service awards are presented for volunteer hours completed.
Click here to download an application (pdf 3.7 mb)
or call 414-747-5245 to request one.
Please e-mail your completed application to email@example.com