Alaska Airlines is coming to MKE!
We're excited to welcome a new airline to Mitchell Airport next year, when Alaska Airlines starts new daily nonstop service to Seattle! From there, travelers can reach dozens of cities throughout the Pacific Northwest and Hawaii with one easy connection in Seattle.
Alaska's new service begins July 1 and will be operated with spacious Embraer E175 jets, featuring 12 seats in first class and 64 in coach. Onboard amenities include Wi-Fi Internet access, streaming inflight entertainment and 110 volt power in every first class seat. Food and beverage will include hot meals and picnic packs for purchase, in addition to Northwest microbrews and wine.
Sale fares for the Milwaukee-Seattle route start at just $119 each way until December 1. Alaska's flights can be found online at www.alaskaair.com.
Southwest Jets Off to Sunny San Diego!
Southwest Airlines is celebrating five years serving MKE this month. Building on its growth at Mitchell Airport, Southwest has announced that it will launch new nonstop service from Milwaukee to San Diego in 2015.
Southwest's new Milwaukee-San Diego route will operate every Saturday beginning April 11, 2015. The announcement also included additional flight frequencies to Denver and Orlando.
With the addition of San Diego, Southwest will offer 23 nonstop destinations from Milwaukee. Remember, Southwest's flights can only be booked online at Southwest.com.
Picking someone up? Here's a secret tip!
If you're picking up a friend or loved one at Mitchell Airport, avoid the crowded baggage claim curb and use our convenient Hourly Parking instead. The first hour of parking is FREE! Think of it as our little holiday gift to you.
It's easy to park and walk into the terminal to meet your arriving passenger. If you choose to pick-up along the baggage claim roadway, expect heavy traffic congestion, especially during busy holiday periods.
Use Mitchell Airport like a pro - use Hourly Parking!
Holiday Travel is Easy at MKE
In addition to being the only airport in Wisconsin or Illinois with service from all the major domestic airlines, MKE is also an easier and lower cost alternative for families in northern Illinois. Our airlines now offer nonstop service to 37 destinations and one-stop connections to 160 international destinations.
Wherever you're headed during the upcoming holidays, we hope you have an outstanding experience at Mitchell Airport. These tips will help ensure you have a great trip!
- Save time and print your boarding pass at home or use your airline's mobile boarding pass feature, if available, even if you are checking luggage.
- When packing, remember the TSAs 3-3-1 rule for liquids: You can take three 3-ounce containers of liquid in a 1 quart-sized clear plastic zip-top bag. Remove the bag from your carry-on and place it in the screening bin.
- At just $6.50 per day including tax, Mitchell Airport's Supersaver parking lot is the least expensive parking option. Free shuttles run 24/7. Visit MitchellAirport.com's parking page to see how many spots are open. Once you park, take a cell phone photo of the nearest locator sign to help you remember where your car is parked.
- Arrive at the airport two hours early if you are checking luggage, and be prepared for longer lines at check-in counters and security checkpoints.Families and more casual travelers arent as familiar with security procedures, and they may need extra time.
- If you are selected for TSA Pre√, be ready for expedited security and keep your shoes and light jacket on.
- Once you're through security, charge up your electronic devices at our free charging stations, check out our retail shops, enjoy a bite to eat, or bring your little ones to our childrens play area. Each concourse also has a family restroom and baby-changing stations.
Dignity for the Final Flight Home
Southwest Airlines donated a luggage cart which was then transformed by volunteers into a special military casket cart for fallen U.S. soldiers flown through Mitchell Airport. Special thanks to Southwest, Richard Kalashian, and the entire VFW Marshall-Johnson Post 5158 of Hartland, WI for making this happen!
New Museum Exhibit in Mitchell Gallery
During your holiday travels, take a few minutes to visit the Mitchell Gallery of Flight, located in the main terminal. Â Admission is free, and you can check out the new Astronautics exhibit, which includes a history of flight instruments. Astronautics Corporation of America is headquartered in Milwaukee.
Are You Impressed with Our Team?
Tell us about it and help us recognize the individuals who provide outstanding customer service here at Mitchell Airport. In November, we honored Bob, Mari Jo, Jaymar, Lonniece and Sandra with the coveted Mitchell Airport Customer Service Award. If you experience great customer service, please nominate that employee here.
Want to Work at the Airport?
A variety of employers do business at Mitchell Airport, and several of them are looking to hire new employees. You can be the next great addition to the team! Check out our Mitchell Airport employment page to learn how to apply.