Airport Service Alert
Current Status and Face Covering Requirement
- All individuals (including travelers, visitors, employees, and contractors) are required to wear a face covering upon entering the terminal.
- The Airport Information desk, Travelers Aid, and Lost & Found services are temporarily not available. Please fill out this form for Lost and Found.
Several food, beverage, and retail locations have resumed operations inside of the Airport with enhanced safety precautions in place to keep staff and travelers safe. Hours are subject to change. Click here for the latest.
Passenger Health and Well-Being
- Face Coverings: All travelers are required to wear a face covering throughout their entire journey while in the Airport terminal. All airlines serving MKE require passengers to wear face coverings while onboard the aircraft. Please be advised of the City of Milwaukee's face covering policy.
- Health Screenings: No one should enter the airport if they are sick or symptomatic. The Airport is not conducting health screenings of passengers entering the terminal and does not have plans to at this time. At least one airline has announced plans to screen passengers, and it’s possible that other airlines could follow. Airport employees are undergoing health screenings.
- Social Distancing: For the foreseeable future, passengers will be expected to stay six feet away from other people to the greatest extent possible.
- Continue to practice good hygiene: It is important to wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face. These are the best ways to prevent communicable disease. If you haven’t seen it yet, please check out this fun hand-washing video from the Airport Fire Department.
Information for Travelers: How You Can Help
Our goal as an Airport is to provide a safe and comfortable travel experience. Working together, we can help one another in our community's return to travel. We need everyone to do their part to help. Please follow these simple steps:
- Bring a face covering and wear it when you travel. The face covering must be worn during your entire journey, including while in the Airport terminal and onboard the aircraft. If you don’t have a face covering, most airlines have a limited supply at their ticket counters, gate counters, and onboard the aircraft. If you are not wearing a face covering, you may be denied boarding. A limited supply of face coverings is also available at the Airport Information desk.
- Please be mindful of your own footprint and pick up after yourself. Leaving trash behind can be a health risk and is a matter of simple respect for your fellow travelers. This also allows our custodians to spend more time cleaning/sanitizing and less time picking up trash left behind by passengers.
- Check in for your flight at home or on your mobile device. This reduces the number of people in the ticketing/check-in area.
- When claiming luggage in the baggage claim area, please practice social distancing. Be patient and avoid congregating around the baggage claim device until your luggage arrives.
- If you are picking up a passenger, please remain in your vehicle if possible. We offer a cell phone waiting area, and we offer 30 minutes of free parking in Hourly Parking. Arriving passengers should call drivers after they land or after they receive their luggage for pick up.
MKE Airport Standards of Cleanliness
MKE remains open to provide essential air transportation services. Airport terminals worldwide, including MKE and the aircraft that fly here, have never been cleaner than they are today. The MKE Airport Custodial Team has always placed a high priority on terminal cleanliness, and we have further enhanced our cleaning procedures. We are now meeting or exceeding the following objectives so travelers can choose MKE with confidence:
- We are disinfecting and cleaning every restroom three to five times per day, with more deep cleaning disinfection nightly.
- Water fountains are being cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Hand sanitizers have been deployed and are replenished as needed.
- Cleaning schedules have been optimized to coordinate with daily peak flight schedules.
- All terminal and gate areas are being disinfected with a high-grade airborne sanitizing spray each night.
- All airlines serving MKE have implemented deep cleanings of aircraft between every flight.
- Carpet is being vacuumed with HEPA filters every night. Hard surface floors are being swept and cleaned nightly.
- All restroom fixtures, including soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers, remain touchless.
What you need to know about COVID-19
- Signs and symptoms: People who have confirmed COVID-19 infections have a range of symptoms, from people with little to no symptoms to people being severely sick. Symptoms can include fever, cough, shortness of breath.
- Protecting yourself: To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses, clean hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and avoid contact with sick individuals. Stay home from work or school if you are sick or not feeling well.
- Testing for COVID-19: If you have recently traveled to an area with community spread or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 and has symptoms, please call your primary care provider.
- Self-Quarantining: Stay home, do not attend large gatherings or have large groups of people over at your home, postpone nonessential appointments, call ahead to your health care provider before going to the doctor’s office, minimize contact, and avoid sharing personal household items.
- Prevention and treatment: There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19 infection, and there is currently no specific treatment. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus.