Airport Service Alert
Current Status and Face Mask Requirement
- Federal law requires wearing a mask at all times in and on the airport and failure to comply may result in removal and denial of re-entry. Refusing to wear a mask in or on the airport is a violation of federal law; individuals may be subject to penalties under federal law.
- All individuals (including travelers, visitors, employees, and contractors) are required to wear a face covering upon entering the terminal and while onboard the aircraft.
- Many food, beverage, and retail locations have resumed operations with limited hours and enhanced safety precautions in place to keep staff and travelers safe. Hours are subject to change. Click here for the latest.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has required all international travelers flying to the U.S. to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result prior to boarding any international flight to the United States. Passengers will be denied boarding if they are not able to produce negative test results within three days prior to boarding any U.S.-bound flight. This includes international flights arriving in the U.S. from Mexico and the Caribbean. More information about this requirement is available on the CDC's website.
Passenger Health and Well-Being
- Face Coverings: All travelers are required to wear a face covering throughout their entire journey while in the Airport terminal and while onboard the aircraft.
- Health Screenings: No one should enter the airport if they are sick or symptomatic. The Airport is not conducting health screenings of passengers entering the terminal and does not have plans to at this time. At least one airline has announced plans to screen passengers, and it’s possible that other airlines could follow. Airport employees are undergoing health screenings.
- Social Distancing: Passengers are expected to stay six feet away from other people to the greatest extent possible.
- Continue to practice good hygiene: It is important to wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face.
Information for Travelers: How You Can Help
Our goal as an Airport is to provide a safe and comfortable travel experience. Working together, we can help one another in our community's return to travel. We need everyone to do their part to help. Please follow these simple steps:
- Bring a face covering and wear it when you travel. The face covering must be worn during your entire journey, including while in the Airport terminal and onboard the aircraft. If you don’t have a face covering, most airlines have a limited supply at their ticket counters, gate counters, and onboard the aircraft. If you are not wearing a face covering, you may be denied boarding. A limited supply of face coverings is also available at the Airport Information desk.
- Please be mindful of your own footprint and pick up after yourself. Leaving trash behind can be a health risk and is a matter of simple respect for your fellow travelers. This also allows our custodians to spend more time cleaning/sanitizing and less time picking up trash left behind by passengers.
- Check in for your flight at home or on your mobile device. This reduces the number of people in the ticketing/check-in area.
- When claiming luggage in the baggage claim area, please practice social distancing and continue to wear your mask. Be patient and avoid congregating around the baggage claim device until your luggage arrives.
- If you are picking up a passenger, please remain in your vehicle if possible. We offer a cell phone waiting area, and we offer 30 minutes of free parking in Hourly Parking. Arriving passengers should call drivers after they land or after they receive their luggage for pick up.
MKE Airport Standards of Cleanliness
MKE remains open to provide essential air transportation services. Airport terminals worldwide, including MKE and the aircraft that fly here, have never been cleaner than they are today. The MKE Airport Custodial Team has always placed a high priority on terminal cleanliness, and we have further enhanced our cleaning procedures. We are now meeting or exceeding the following objectives so travelers can choose MKE with confidence:
- We are disinfecting and cleaning every restroom three to five times per day, with more deep cleaning disinfection nightly.
- Water fountains are being cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Hand sanitizers have been deployed and are replenished as needed.
- Cleaning schedules have been optimized to coordinate with daily peak flight schedules.
- All terminal and gate areas are being disinfected with a high-grade airborne sanitizing spray each night.
- Carpet is vacuumed with HEPA filters. Hard surface floors are being swept and cleaned nightly.
- All restroom fixtures, including soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers, remain touchless.